Table of Contents
PM Young Achievers Scholarship – Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment aims to support and empower its target groups through programmes of educational, economic and social development, and rehabilitation, wherever necessary. In order to achieve its vision, the Ministry implements various Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CS/CSS) for vulnerable groups comprising of Other Backward Class (OBCs), Economically Backward Class (EBC) andDenotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (DNT/S-NT). A Backward Classes Division has been constituted by the Ministry which is responsible for the policy, planning and implementation of programmes relating to the social and economic empowerment of OBCs/EBCs/DNTs
The objective of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC, EBC and DNT students (who are not covered under SC, ST or OBC) is welfare and motivation to the children of these categories by providing financial assistance at pre matriculation or secondary stage.
- Scholarship under the Scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where he is domiciled.
- The scholarship will be provided for students studying in Government Schools only
- The scholarships are open to Nationals of India only.
- Scholarship award will be sanctioned in the case of students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- The students should be studying in class IX and X on a full-time basis in Government Schools only.
- They should belong to either of OBC, EBC and DNT (who are not covered under SC, ST or OBC) categories through valid certificate.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other educational scholarship for the purpose of studying in class IX and X. If awarded any other educational scholarship for studying in classes IX and X, the students can avail of either of the two scholarships as per his/her choice and should inform the awarding authority to the Head of the Institution about the option made.
- The condition stipulated in this Ministry’s notification no. 428 dated 16.02.2017 relating to provisions contained in Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act 2016 are to be followed with further stipulation that if, for any reason, the authentication of Aadhaar fails in respect of any applicant, such an individual should be permitted to establish his/her identity by any other means so that genuine persons are not deprived of their benefits.
- Income Certificate is required to be taken once only, i.e. at the time of admission to courses.
View Official Notification in Hindi
View Official Notification in English
The students shall be given a consolidated academic allowance of Rs. 4000/- per annum.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||400 Marks|
MSJ&E of the Govt. of India, has proposed a scheme known as PM Young achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) for awarding scholarships to Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC) and Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes De-notified Tribe(DNT) students, annual income of whose parents/guardian is not more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
The award of scholarships is at two levels:
* For students who are studying in Class IX
* For students who are studying in Class XI
Selection of candidates for award of Scholarships under the Scheme is through a written test known as YASASVI ENTRANCE TEST (YET).
How to Apply?
All applications shall be submitted on the online portal along with the required certificates. There shall be no paper applications. All online applications shall be auto-verified by linking the databases of the income and caste certificates, so as to minimize the manual verification. Use below link to register and apply for scholarship
Department Website: https://socialjustice.gov.in/
Download Qualified candidates list
List of Qualified candidates of the Young Achievers Scholarships Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) Entrance Test 2022.
|CLASS||Registered Male||Registered Female|
|Class 11 (Eleven)||9,199||6,045|
|Class 9 (Nine)||4,886||3,722|
Download Admit Card
Please go to below link enter your Application number, Date of Birth and Download ADMIT CARD- VIBRANT INDIA (YASASVI) ENTRANCE TEST
What is YET?
YET is an Entrance Examination for selection of eligible candidates for award of scholarships under the YASASVI Scheme
What is YASASVI?
PM YASASVI means PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and Others. It is an umbrella Scheme for OBCs, EBCs and DNTs. It is a Central Sector Scheme for providing Top Class School Education to OBCs/EBCs & DNTs.
How to get selected for scholarship?
Selection of candidates for the award of scholarships under the scheme is through a written test called YASASVI Entrance Test (YET).
Why is the YET being conducted?
The Young Achievers Scholarship entrance test is being held for selection of candidates belonging to OBC, EBC and DNT categories, studying in Class IX and Class XI for award of scholarship for studying in Schools identified by the MSJ&E.